Friday, July 29, 2011

Schomberg Main Street in Morning Light

Schomberg Main Street in Morning Light , oil on canvas 14x18
From a photo taken on the morning after Canada Day, July 1st. I wanted the contrast between the shadows made by the buildings on east side of the street to emphasize the morning sun lighting the buildings on the west side.
Being early morning there were only two cars parked, (I only showed one). Later in the day the road would be packed with vehicles. Unfortunately there were no pedestrians, all the dog walkers were already home or not yet started, I thought of adding a couple but never did.
A fun scene to paint and only spoiled by the abundance of overhead wires, so I left a lot of those out!
John

1 comment:

  1. I just love this painting John. One of your best I think. Everyone will want to move there so be careful!!

    ReplyDelete